On-Campus Housing

Residential colleges for undergraduates

Yale College students are housed in the residential colleges (dormitories) on campus.

Graduate & Professional student housing

Yale Graduate & Professional (G&P) students and their families can apply for on-campus grad dormitories and apartments operated by the Graduate Housing Office. On-campus graduate housing units are convenient to the central campus, science hill and the medical areas, and they are served by the Yale daytime shuttle and nighttime minibus. Graduate housing is limited in supply, and not guaranteed, so students should apply promptly when the application process opens in the spring.

In addition, G&P students can apply for University Properties (UP) residential apartments, conveniently located near campus and also served by the Yale shuttles. UP units are privately managed and are not an official part of graduate housing, but you must be a Yale affiliate to rent these apartments.